This quick and easy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Skillet is a one-pot noodle dish made with simple, yet flavorful ingredients.
This Weight Watchers Tuscan Chicken Pasta is an easy weeknight meal! Weight Watchers Crockpot pasta recipes are easy to cook and are family friendly dinner recipes!
Marinated chicken breast is tossed with tender spaghetti, tomatoes, artichokes, olives, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and herbs.
It’s the perfect easy weekday meal!
Who doesn’t love dinner made all in one pot, with minimal mess? No one! This Tuscan Chicken Pasta Skillet recipe will satisfy your Italian food cravings and your desire for a quick and easy meal.
Typically, the noodles and chicken are cooked in different pans, then tossed together right before serving—but for this dish, I layer the flavors and make the whole meal in one skillet! It’s magical and makes mealtime so much easier.
An Easy-Peasy One-Pot Dinner
The chicken is marinated with olive oil and Italian seasonings for maximum flavor on the surface. It’s seared until golden brown, then sliced. The dried pasta, minced garlic, and tomatoes are cooked in the same pan with boiling water.
VIDEO of: Tuscan Chicken Pasta Skillet:
In just a short time, the noodles become al dente, and the tomatoes burst to create a vibrant sauce to lightly coat the pasta.
Brined pantry staples like artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives add a burst of pungent flavor right before serving. Toss them with the pasta, Parmesan cheese, and herbs, and dinner is ready!
You’ll be delighted to see how quickly the dish comes together for an uncomplicated, gourmet meal.
What’s The Best Pasta To Use?
Long, slender noodles like spaghetti or linguine work best. The sauce is light, so the size of those noodles is perfect for soaking up the tasty olive oil infused tomato sauce, without overpowering the dish. I love twirling the noodles and grabbing little bites of all the ingredients in one forkful!
This one pot pasta cooking method makes it easy to adjust the doneness of the noodles. Four cups of water for a half pound of dried pasta yields an al dente texture. However, more water can be added as needed, a half cup at a time if you want the noodles to be softer.
Swaps And Substitutions:
This recipe is so easy to adapt to your own personal tastes. Personally, I love the delightfully briny, pungent taste marinated artichoke hearts and Kalamata olives bring to the pasta, but really, almost anything goes. Try any of these ideas:
- Slice up summer squash and let it simmer along with the tomatoes.
- Toss small pieces of asparagus spears in for the last four to five minutes of cooking.
- For cheese, swap Parmesan for Pecorino Romano to add a stronger nuttiness.
- Use fresh mini mozzarella balls for an antipasti vibe.
- Basil and parsley are my go-to herbs for Italian dishes, but some fresh oregano would also be lovely.
What To Serve With Chicken Pasta Skillet
This one pot meal delivers protein, vegetables, and carbs all in one bowl. Serve it with some of these favorites:
Tuscan Chicken Pasta Skillet Recipe Ingredients Includes:
For the marinade:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
For the dinner:
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
12 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups), halved
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 ounces spaghetti
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup quartered marinated artichokes hearts, drained
1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
How to prepare:
A. Marinate the chicken:
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise to create 4 long, thin pieces.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over the chicken, turn to evenly coat.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before cooking.
B. Cook the chicken:
- Heat a large high-sided skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is golden brown and fully cooked, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest while cooking the pasta.
3 Cook the pasta:
- Add tomatoes, garlic, spaghetti, 4 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook and stir frequently, until the pasta is tender and water has mostly evaporated—about 9 to 11 minutes.
- You want to have a small amount of water in the pan to create a light sauce.
- Add more water if needed, 1/2 cup at a time for a softer pasta.
- Turn off the heat.
4 Finish and toss:
- Cut the chicken into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Add the artichoke hearts, olives, Parmesan cheese, sliced chicken, and basil.
- Toss to combine.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
5 How to Serve:
It is time for enjoying our recipes. Garnish pasta with parsley, then divide among plates and serve warm.