Craving to sip on a piping hot bowl of delicious, rich tomato soup? Enjoying a cold winter’s day with your family or lying sick and alone in bed? Try this delicious soup – this is one soup that suits all occasions! This staple dish is a hit with everyone. Ready within minutes, a comfort food that’s actually healthy, nothing beats the earthy colors and flavors of the tomato soup!
Health Benefits of Tomato:
Besides other vitamins and minerals, tomatoes are nature’s best sources of Lycopene, which is a storehouse of health benefits. Like Vitamin D, our bodies cannot produce Lycopene. As a result, it needs to be incorporated into our diet. Some astounding benefits of Lycopene are:
- It is a Carotenoid (organic pigments that can be converted to Vitamin A)
- It is a Phytonutrient (organic nutrients present in plants that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties)
- It is an antioxidant (neutralizes the effect of harmful free radicals by oxidizing itself)
- It prevents damage to the DNA
Lycopene-rich foods include all red, orange and pink foods in the food spectrum. Tomatoes rule the Lycopene charts. Dieticians and nutrition experts propagate the idea of including a healthy dose of tomatoes in our diet for these and many other reasons.
4 Easy and Delicious Tomato Soup Recipes:
Whatever the occasion, here are some very easy and healthy tomato soup recipes you can conjure in a jiffy to whet those appetites and crank up the nutrition meter.
1. Spicy Tomato Soup:
To make this hot-hot tomato soup and reap its cool health factor, you need very simple ingredients that are probably available in your kitchen at any given time.
- 1 onion
- Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 potato
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml water
- (Optional) A cube of chicken or vegetable stock
Peel and slice the onions, dice the carrots, and peel and chop the potato. Put all veggies in a deep saucepan along with all the other ingredients. Allow them to be on full heat till it comes to a boil. Next, allow the ingredients to simmer for another 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can add more water if you like a watery soup as this soup will be a thick one.
After simmering, take it off the heat and blend it either in a mixer or with a hand blender (both work just fine) and serve super hot!
2. Spicy Tomato Extravaganza:
This exotic sounding tomato soup is fairly simple to make and equally delicious to taste. Make it for a simple home dinner or for entertaining guests; it will be received with equal delight in both situations. The best thing about this soup is that you can store it in the fridge in a jar to be reheated any time later.
- 5-7 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup vinegar (or optionally white wine)
- 1 tbsp celery seeds
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- 2 hot chillies
- 2 jalapeno peppers (Optional-use if you like it super hot)
Begin by chopping the onions finely and fry them in a little oil until caramelized. To this, add finely chopped Jalapenos and Chillies and sauté on low heat. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, vinegar, celery seeds, salt and pepper and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Add this mixture to the saucepan with the veggies and stir well. In the end, add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, and heat for about 3-5 minutes. Your exotic tomato soup is ready!
3. Mexican Twist Tomato Soup:
Who doesn’t like the big and bold Mexican flavors? With this tomato soup recipe with a Mexican flavor, you will get that different taste you’ve been craving for days. The beautiful taste of bell peppers makes the soup peculiarly delicate, yet bold in flavor.
- 5-6 tomatoes or passata (Readymade tomato juice)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1 small tin kidney beans
Begin by chopping the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes and finely dicing the chillies. Next, puree the tomatoes finely and set aside. Next, fry the onion, peppers, chillies and kidney beans lightly in a frying pan on high heat until you can smell the collective flavors. Lower the heat to medium and add the tomato puree or passata and allow the mixture to boil for about 10 minutes.
Your Mexican delight tomato soup is ready!
4. Tomato and Basil Soup:
The delicate, fragrant Basil has many health benefits and this herb makes an excellent addition to the already lusciously nutritious tomato. This soup is a beautiful homemade delicacy that jam-packs many health benefits and delightful flavors.
- 5-7 raw OR 1 tin tomatoes
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 onion
- 1 large potato
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh, chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
To begin, peel and chop all ingredients – tomatoes (if you are using raw ones), onion, potato and garlic. In a saucepan, fry the onion and garlic until they soften. To this, add the water and potato, and allow it to boil well. When the potato softens, add the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and simmer until the potato is thoroughly cooked.
Add a little Basil and chilli flakes in the last minute of cooking and take it off the heat. Blend the soup well and add salt and pepper to taste. While serving hot, garnish with the remaining basil and serve with breadsticks or bread crumbs.
With these super simple and quick tomato soup recipes, you can wow all audiences starting from your demanding 4-year old to 20-odd dinner guests. Spice up, experiment and win accolades in your personal circle of home chefs with the king of soups!
Other tomato soups ideas
50 Healthy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipes by Yummly
- Skinny Tomato Soup with Cheesy Orzo
- Classic Tomato Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Chiptole Tomato Soup
- Tomato and Cilantro Soup
- Tomato Soup
- Tomato Zucchini Soup
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Roasted Corn Guacamole
- Italian Sausage, Tomato, and Macaroni Soup with Basil
- Cashew Tomato Soup
- Fresh Tomato Soup
- Cathy’s Sherried Tomato Soup
- Tomato-Fennel Soup
- Chile-Tomato Soup with Cumin and Cinnamon
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Broiled Cheddar
- DIY Instant Tomato Bell Pepper Soup
- Garden Fresh Tomato Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Corn Salsa
- Basil Tomato Soup
- Thai-Inspired Tomato Soup
- Easiest Tomato Basil Soup
- A Simple Tomato Soup
- Tomato Soup I
- Blended Heirloom Tomato Soup with Basil
- Fire Roasted Spicy Tomato Soup
- Flavorful Tomato Soup
- Spicy Sausage, Lentil, and Tomato Soup
- Spicy Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
- Tomato Spinach and Basil Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Ground Beef, Sausage, Garbanzos, Macaroni and Basil
- Curried Tomato and Brown Rice Soup with Fried Paneer
- Heirloom Tomato Soup
- Tomato-Orange Soup With Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Cold Tomato Summer Vegetable Soup
- Minute Tomato Soup with Tortellini
- Tomato Avgolemono Soup
- Roasted Tomato & Basil Soup
- Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup (The Sprouted Kitchen)
- Silky Tomato Soup
Cream of Tomato Soup Ideas
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Creamy Habanero & Tomato Soup
- Cream of Tomato Soup
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Corn, Chicken and Bacon
- 15-minute Creamy Tomato Soup (Vegan)
- 5-Minute Vegan Cream of Tomato Soup (Paleo, too!)
- Chilled Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup
- Thick and Creamy Tomato Soup
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Brown Butter Garlic Croutons
- Creamy Tomato-Basil Soup
Hope you will surely check with other tomato soups, the cream of tomato soup recipes and many more to whet your appetite!
Here is a solid android app for salad recipes.