Probably the most scrumptious, refreshing and light-weight cocktail that screams summer time! This Watermelon Mojito is refined sugar-free, made with recent mint and juicy watermelon and is the right cocktail (or ‘mocktail’) to take pleasure in on a scorching day. It’s made straightforward with simply 5-ingredients, no easy syrup and no added sugar. The watermelon provides loads of sweetness to the drink with out the necessity for sugar but when want, you may add a contact of sweetness with honey or agave.
A Higher-for-You Cocktail!
This week on the weblog we’re sharing 4 fruity, lightened-up, Higher-for-You Cocktail recipes. Cocktails which are made with MUCH much less sugar, are refreshing, easy-to-make and are good for sipping on when the solar is shining and the temps are rising!
We’re kicking off the week with this Watermelon Mojito. A glowing adult-beverage that mixes lime juice, recent mint, juicy watermelon, glowing water and white rum. It’s made with simply 5-simple substances and no added sugar.
In search of a non-alcoholic choice? No drawback. In the event you’d prefer to make this mojito a ‘mocktail’, merely omit the rum and add an additional splash of glowing water and even kombucha may work.
Watermelon Mojito Components
Made with only a few easy substances!
- Massive watermelon cubes – seedless watermelon works finest. For a simple choice, use pre-cubed watermelon from the grocery retailer.
- Lime juice – a convention ingredient in mojitos and there’s simply one thing concerning the mixture of lime and watermelon.
- Honey or agave – non-compulsory ingredient that you could add for a contact of sweetness. In the event you obtained fortunate and seize your self a pleasant, candy watermelon, you received’t want so as to add any sweetener.
- Contemporary mint leaves – what makes a mojito a mojito.
- White rum – substitute glowing water or kombucha for a ‘mocktail’ model.
- Glowing water – common or lime taste additionally works nice.
make Watermelon Mojito
This recipes comes collectively quick with only a few easy steps.
First you’ll mix the watermelon cubes in a blender to create a juice consistency. Now if the watermelon seems to be pulpy otherwise you want eradicating all particles from the watermelon, be at liberty to pour the juice by a mesh strainer and right into a mason jar or massive glass.
Subsequent add the lime juice and non-compulsory sweetener to the watermelon juice give it a stir. Word: as a result of watermelon varies in sweetness, I like to recommend tasting the juice first earlier than including any sweeteners. There’s a great likelihood will probably be candy sufficient!
Now divide the mint leaves amongst 2-Three tall glasses. With the tip of a wood spoon (or a muddle) muddle the mint. Finally you need to smash the mint leaves till all leaves are darker in shade and seem a little bit wilted. Be happy so as to add a small squeeze of lime juice throughout this step because it helps the depart to interrupt down a little bit higher.
It’s time to make the drink! Fill every glass 3/Four full with ice. Divide the watermelon lime juice among the many 2-Three glasses. Add 1.5 oz. of white rum to every glass. For a ‘mocktail’, use glowing water or kombucha rather than the rum. High every glass off with a splash of glowing water (lime taste works nice!). Stir and revel in!
Can the watermelon juice be made forward of time?
I like to recommend not more than 48 hours upfront. The juice actually separates because it units within the fridge so that you’ll need to give it a great stir or shake earlier than making the drinks.
Can I make it with store-bought, pre-made watermelon juice?
You certain may! You’ll want about 1 cup. You can additionally use GTS Watermelon Marvel Kombucha. I haven’t tried that but however I believe it will be actually fairly scrumptious!
Different refreshing cocktail recipes you’ll love
Actual Meals Margaritas
Cucumber Basil Moscow Mule
Strawberry Kombucha Mojito
Hungry for Extra? Subscribe to get our publication delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure you keep in contact on Fb, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest updates.
- 8 massive seedless watermelon cubes or¾ lb. – 1 lb. (about 1 – 1 half cups juice)
- Juice of 1 lime (~¼ cup)
- 1 tsp. honey or agave (non-compulsory – style the watermelon juice earlier than including)
- 15–20 mint leaves (~1/Three cup)
- 3–4.5 ozwhite rum (substitute glowing water or kombucha for a mocktail model)
- glowing water (common or lime taste)
- In a blender, add the watermelon cubes. Mix till clean, attaining a juice consistency.
- If watermelon juice seems pulpy, pour by a mesh strainer right into a mason jar or massive glass. This step is non-compulsory.
- To the mason jar or glass with the watermelon juice, add the lime juice and non-compulsory sweetener. Stir to mix.
- Divide the mint leaves amongst 2-Three tall glass. With the tip of a wood spoon or a muddle, muddle the mint. Basically you need to smash the mint leaves till all leaves are darker in shade and barely wilted. Be happy so as to add a small squeeze of lime juice throughout this step to assist the leaves breakdown simpler.
- Fill every glass 3/Four full with ice. Divide the watermelon lime juice among the many 2-Three glasses. Add 1.5 oz. of white rum to every glass. For a mocktail, use glowing water rather than the rum. High every glass off with a splash of glowing water (lime taste works nice!).
- Stir and revel in!
*Be happy to make the watermelon juice the day earlier than.
- Serving Dimension: 1/Three of recipe
- Energy: 145
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: Zero mg
- Fats: Zero g
- Saturated Fats: Zero g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Pin now, make later!
All photographs and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our photographs with out prior written permission. In the event you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!