Escape the barbeque grill and add slightly spice to your life with these Indian takeout impressed Rooster Tikka Masala Skewers with Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce. They’re nice for weeknight meals, scrumptious as leftovers served on a giant salad, and a improbable addition to your subsequent yard gathering. Word: This recipe initially appeared on the weblog on July 25, 2017. It’s been up to date with ideas for making it extra meal prep-friendly however the recipe has not modified.
When favourite meals collide
To say that I get enthusiastic about this recipe is an understatement. I get over-the-moon ecstatic every time I make them as a result of I really like, love, love Indian meals. And I really like kebabs and skewers (like these Grilled Pork Kebabs with Peanut Sauce and these Teriyaki Rooster and Pineapple Kebabs) of every kind. So naturally, these are a go-to in my home.
Although I really like nearly each Indian dish on the menu at my native curry store, I typically come again to Rooster Tikka Masala. Not solely as a result of I do know my children will eat it however as a result of it’s so good with it’s thick, creamy tomato sauce and heat spices. It’s not sophisticated, simply scrumptious, and comforting (like all meals ought to be, IMHO).
Dip it such as you imply it
Whereas the Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce is completely elective, I’d extremely suggest it. Particularly in case you plan so as to add slightly additional cayenne pepper to the marinade to offer these Rooster Tikka Masala Skewers slightly warmth.
The dipping sauce is made with yogurt however you can also make it (and the skewers themselves) dairy-free by swapping out the plain yogurt for non-dairy yogurt and even full-fat canned coconut milk. The dipping sauce might be slightly skinny in case you use coconut milk however including a dollop of mayo will simply treatment that challenge.
his put up could include affiliate hyperlinks that won’t change your worth however will share some fee.
Elements for Rooster Tikka Masala Skewers with Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce
- Rooster breast tenders – Tenders are handy although they could be a bit dear so take into account swapping out boneless, skinless hen breasts or thighs reduce into 1-inch broad strips
- Plain yogurt – The acidity of the yogurt within the marinade retains the super-lean hen breast good and tender.
- Lemon juice – Provides taste and acidity to the marinade to tenderize the hen.
- Tomato paste – Add richness and pure sweetness to the marinade.
- Spices – Whereas it’s an extended record than you’ll sometimes discover in our recipes, don’t let that scare you away. We propose doubling or tripling the quantity of spices in a separate bowl and storing what you’re not utilizing now for one more time. Maintain spice combine in a jar with a tight-fitting lid within the pantry for as much as Three months.
- Lime juice – Provides a shiny tanginess to the Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce
- Floor ginger
- Salt and Pepper
You’ll additionally want wood or steel skewers and a grill. However in case you don’t have both of those, don’t sweat.
You may as well make these Rooster Tikka Masala Skewers in your oven. Right here’s how:
- Place the highest oven rack within the higher third of the oven.
- Flip the oven to broil (‘Excessive’ works finest, which is about 450ºF on most ovens)
- Line a big, rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick oil spray.
- Prepare the marinated hen in a single layer (on or off the skewers) on the baking sheet and broil 5 minutes. Flip the hen over and broil an extra 5 minutes or till hen is not pink inside (or registers 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer).
Ideas for Meal Prepping or Prepping Forward
For Meal Prepping
- Make the skewers as directed and permit to chill earlier than eradicating the hen from the skewers to a lidded storage container. Retailer within the fridge for as much as Four days.
- Make the Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce as directed. Retailer in a jar or different container with a lid within the fridge for as much as Four days.
- To Reheat Skewers:
- Within the oven: Rooster might be reheated in a lined dish within the oven or toaster oven at 350°F. Including slightly water (about 2 Tbsp) to the underside of the dish will preserve the hen from drying out.
- On the stovetop: Place hen and slightly water (about 2 Tbsp) to a skillet over medium-high warmth. When the water begins to simmer, place a lid on the skillet and scale back warmth to medium-low. Cook dinner till hen is heated by.
- Within the microwave: Place hen on a microwave-safe plate and warmth 1-2 minutes or till hen is steaming and heated by.
To Prep Forward
Prepping forward is nice when you’ve got time to cook dinner later within the week however don’t wish to make a recipe begin to end. It’s additionally compromise for individuals who wish to prep forward to get a head begin on the week but in addition love a freshly-cooked meal when it’s time to eat.
- Prep the hen – In case you’re not utilizing hen tenders, you may slice boneless, skinless hen breasts or thighs into 1-inch-wide strips and retailer in a lined container within the fridge for as much as Three days.
- Make the marinade – Put together the marinade as directed and retailer in a jar or different container with the lid within the fridge for as much as Three days.
- Make the dipping sauce – Put together the dipping sauce as directed. Retailer in a jar or different container with a lid within the fridge for as much as Four days.
Hungry for Extra? Subscribe to get our e-newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And you should definitely keep in contact on Fb, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest updates.
For the Skewers
For the Sauce
- ¾ cup plain complete milk yogurt*
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of contemporary cilantro, backside 2-Three inches of stems eliminated
- ¼ tsp. floor ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- If utilizing wood skewers, place them in a shallow pan or baking dish crammed with water and permit them to soak for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Place hen tenders in a glass bowl. Add lemon juice and plain yogurt, stirring to coat.
- Mix remaining components (tomato paste by oil) in a small bowl. Add spice combination to the yogurt coated hen and blend effectively to mix. Permit hen to marinate for as much as 30 minutes within the fridge whilst you put together the Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce.
- Place all components for the dipping sauce in a blender or meals processor. Mix to mix. Style and add extra salt and pepper, as desired.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth (425-450℉).
- Thread hen onto the skewers then grill for 4-5 minutes per aspect or till cooked by. Serve with Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce.
* For Dairy-Free: Substitute unsweetened, plain non-dairy yogurt or full-fat canned coconut milk for complete milk yogurt
- Serving Dimension: 1 skewer with 2 Tbsp. sauce
- Energy: 226
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 662mg
- Fats: 7g
- Saturated Fats: 190mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 33g
Pin it now & Make it later!
All pictures and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our pictures with out prior written permission. In case you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!